Mother’s Day Is On May 14, Which Means Now Is A Good Time To Celebrate All Mothers have a place in your life. For many of us, our aunts hold a special place in our hearts, and even though she may not have given birth to you, that doesn’t mean she hasn’t been an important person in your life. Just as you’ll probably post about your mom on social media this Sunday, you might want to share your aunt on Instagram to acknowledge how much you appreciate her. Check out these 18 captions from mom about aunts that describe your relationship perfectly.
Aunties are the people we can go to when we have questions Way Too ashamed to ask our mothers. They’re there when we need to talk to someone who’s already been through it all (and won’t talk to our parents about it – probably). An auntie has all the insight that your mom does, without the same anxiety of a parent. They’ve got your back, and you’ve got theirs.
Whether they have kids of their own or not, it’s nice to let your aunt know how much her presence in your life has meant to you all these years. Since there is no official day set aside to celebrate aunts, Mother’s Day is the next closest thing. It doesn’t take anything from your mom to celebrate her sister, sister-in-law, or the childhood BFF you’ve called Auntie all your life – it gives you the opportunity to celebrate the amazing women in your life who have helped You become the person you are today. And these days, nothing says “I love you” like a photo on IG, so you might as well pay tribute to your aunt in your Mother’s Day post.
1. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and will always be by your side.” , sarah sheridan
2. “Only an aunt can hug like a mother, keep secrets like a sister and share love like a friend.” , unknown
3. “Nine out of 10 kids get their cool from their aunts.” , unknown
4. “An aunt is someone special to remember warmly, think of with pride, and cherish fondly.” , unknown
5. “Every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally mad about them.” , yuri bronfenbrenner
6. “Aunt: A dear friend and personal cheerleader who will always look at you through rose-colored glasses.” , unknown
7. “I don’t just call you Auntie, I call you Friend.” , unknown
8. “The best aunts aren’t substitute parents, they’re co-conspirators.” , daryl gregory
9. “I wish you knew how much those little moments with you mean to me.” , unknown
10. “An aunt becomes more treasured as time goes by.” , unknown
11. “Aunt – a double blessing. You love like a parent and act like a friend.” , unknown
12. “Aunts provide children with the opportunity to try out ideas that their parents don’t get along with and they also demonstrate that people can love each other and live together without being a carbon copy.” Can.” , sarah sheridan
13. “All the nieces are fabulous and beautiful … and obviously take care of their aunts.” , unknown
14. “An auntie makes life a little sweeter.” , unknown
15. “An auntie is very special. He is considerate and kind. He thought of others and was very loving every day throughout the years. , unknown
16. “If mom says no, my aunt will say yes.” , unknown
17. “My mother, my aunts, and my grandmother together gave me a village of support growing up.” , Michael Tubbs
18. “My aunt has ears that listen, hands that hug and hold, a love that never ends, and a heart that is made of gold.” , unknown
Mother’s Day is a day for all the moms in your life, so let’s celebrate them all, whatever their name.
This article was originally published on